Well this week has been very interesting because firstly I have singed up to The Orchard at Tesco which is a program all about people doing surveys (mainly on food) getting invited to join a program (about food), receiving an pack in the post with money off coupons, then sharing your thought’s with the rest of the world! Sounds good to me, so a few days ago I got a pack about their:
Best Quality Meats from Tesco finest*
Yum, so the question is what to spend my £5 off coupon on, well a nice Finest British Cornfed Free Range Whole Chicken :
which is priced at £5.50 per kilo which I would cook in the oven
Temperature:375,Gas 5,
Time:For calculated time see front of pack
Instructions:Remove outer packaging.Calculate the cooking time at 45 minutes per kilo plus 20-30 minutes.Place foil tray on a baking tray in the centre of a pre-heated oven for 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 (refer to guidelines on front of pack) basting occasionally during cooking. For calculated time see front of pack. Poultry is cooked if the juices run clear when the deepest part of the chicken is pierced with a thin skewer. If the juices are pink, continue cooking for a few minutes and retest..Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before carving.
I would serve it with roasted potatoes, parsnips, carrots, peas and the gravy would be made with the juices the old fashioned way, for a nice roast dinner! Yum. And if I am lucky there will be enough for chicken n chips the next day! There is a recipe that I based mine on: http://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/classic-roast-chicken.html
No comments:
Post a Comment