Friday, 1 March 2013

Uni!


TMA04

Well this week has been a struggle, I have had a TMA to write, it was only 2,500 but the questions were challenging:


Part 1:
In not more than 500 words, compare and contrast the following sources:
1) Ovid, Metamorphoses 13.898 – 14.74 (sections entitled ‘Glaucus and Scylla  I’ and ‘Glaucus and Scylla II’, pp.541–5 and 548–51 of the set book).
2) Holkham Ms 324 f.137 v. Scylla rejects Glaucus, Circe's love potion deforms  Scylla, from ‘Metamorphoses 14’ by Ovid, 1479 (vellum).


then Part 2:

In not more than 2,000 words, answer the following question.
Ovid uses myths of metamorphosis to address key themes such as:
(i) the shifting relations and rivalries between mortals and gods
(ii) the fluid identity of all things from bodies to landscapes
(iii) the transforming power of love and hate
I really enjoyed doing this TMA once I got my head around it! Well the deadline wasn't until 7th March, but its nice to get it in early! The wait now starts! Will let you know when I have my mark back!
Take care
Fiona!

No comments:

Post a Comment